Unspeakable Oath (Ongoing): At the end of any player's Action (even if it is not your turn), Sacrifice your High Priest (return him to your Pool) and gain 2 Power. This may also be done durinng the gather Power Phase.
Notes: The High Priest is a new type of Cultist; it is Recruited like an Acolyte. Each High Priest generates 1 Power during the Gather Power Phase, can Create and Control a Gate, and can be Captured. Each Faction has only a single High Priest Available.
Because the High Priest is Recruited, rather than Summoned, a Gate is not needed.
The High Priests benefits from all Spellbooks or abilities that reference Cultists (but not Acolytes).
Tips and Tricks:
• Sacrifice him during Gather Power to ensure you are First Player.
• Recruit your High Priest in the first Action Phase. Then Sacrifice him to enable you to Awaken your Great Old One (and Still have Power reaining) in the second Action Phase.
• If your High Priest is alone on a Gate, and an enemy threatens to Capture him, on your turn Summon a Monster and then immediately Sacrifice the High Priest. He is safely removed from the Map and your new Monster is not only paid for, but can help defend the Area.
• Sacrifice him when the other players are out of Power to "resurrect" yourself. Now you have 2 Power left to spend on Actions while they have none.
• Sacrifice him to permit a Ritual of Annihilation at a critical time.